Linens can instantly enhance a room by adding warmth, color, texture and an element of style. But keeping those sheets, towels, duvets, comforters and blankets in pristine condition can be a Herculean task.
Whether they come from coffee, wine, food, make-up or even blood, stains don’t have to mean the end of the line for your favorite linens. Time, patience and a commitment to taking care of your linens are all you need to save them from the rag bag (or the trash).
The earlier you see and treat a stain, the better your chance at removing it. That is why it is imperative that you and your staff inspect linens immediately upon cleaning a room, and treat stains upon discovery. We recommend keeping stain remover products with you when changing/cleaning a room. It is so much easier to see the stain on a sheet while still on the bed or a stain on a towel or wash cloth when removing it from bathroom.
- Check all linens for stain and pre-treat them before laundering
- Patience and time are require when working on stains. There is NO immediate solution
- Test all bleaches in an inconspicuous area to avoid damaging colored items
- Do not use chlorine bleach on wool or silk – it will dissolve both fabrics
- Do not use vinegar on acetate material – it will soften and dissolve acetate
- Oily based stains like salad dressing, sauces, etc. should be treated with a solvent prior to laundering. Laundering even without drying may set these types of stains
- Use solvents such as Carbona, mineral spirits or other dry cleaning fluids in a well ventilated area. Try to avoid excessive inhalation of the fumes from the solvents
- Avoid drying items in the dryer with heat unless stains have been removed
For information on products to help prevent stains or properly cleaning stains, contact your Personal Shopper at InnStyle or call toll free 1-800-877-INNS (4667).
Save your linens from cosmetics with our facial wipes! 13″x13″ 100% cotton facial wipes are sure to please your guests while preventing staining!
Time is of the Essence so the earlier you catch a stain and treat it, the better your chance of removing it. Different types of stains require different treatments and often times regular household solutions can be the key to removing stains.
Why not prevent stains before they happen by discouraging your guests from creating stains in the first place. InnStyle offers amenities such as make-up remover wipes so your female guests aren’t tempted to use towels or light colored wash cloths for removing their makeup.
Here are a few ‘tips’ we call Simply Spotless:
1. Find stains immediately
2. Determine what kind of stain it is – if possible
3. Pre-treat oil-based and fresh stains before washing
4. Use cleaning solvents in a well ventilated area
5. If stains remain, treat again
6. Avoid washing & drying if you are not sure the stain is out
7. Test bleaches before using them in the wash
8. Do not use vinegar on acetate materials
9. Do not use chlorine bleach on wool or silk
10. Prevent stains from happening
For additional information on products to help prevent stains or properly cleaning stains, contact your Personal Shopper at InnStyle or call toll free 1-800-877-INNS (4667).