It’s a new year. 2018 has given way to 2019 and people are making resolutions. Stop smoking, lose weight, hit the gym every day.
As for you, you’re thinking about changing careers. You feel drained every day when you get home from work, and long for the day when you enjoyed your job.
Should hotels worry about Airbnb?
Or what about its competitors that allow homeowners to rent out their properties to travelers, such as VRBO and FlipKey?
It all depends on who you ask. Continue reading
Choosing the proper size tablecloth for your table is easy, but there are a few things to keep in mind:
For a square or oblong table:
- Measure the length and width of the table.
- Decide on the drop you prefer. A typical drop ranges between 10″ to 12″. If you want your tablecloth to go to the floor, then the drop would usually be 30” (a typical table height), but always measure.
- Add the amount of the drop multiplied by two to both the length and the width of the table. (i.e., If the table measures 42″W x 84″L and you want a 12″ drop, then the oblong tablecloth should measure 66″ [42″W+24″ total drop] x 108″ [84″L + 24″ total drop.])
For a Round Table:
- Measure the diameter of your table.
- Decide on the length of the drop.
- Add the amount of the drop multiplied by two to the diameter of the table. (i.e., If the table measures 60″ in diameter and you want it to go to the floor with a 30″ drop, then the round tablecloth should measure 120″ [60″ diameter + 60″ total drop].)
Your inn’s comfortable sheets are a great item to sell in your gift shop.
If you are an innkeeper and you have a shelf or a corner of a room in your property, you should consider using this space for a gift shop. Gift shops are a great way for innkeepers to earn a little extra income. You do not need a lot of space, just a small area in which you can display some products that you may currently be using in your inn. Many of our innkeepers have been using our InnStyle 600 Wrinkle Free Sheets for the beds in their bed and breakfasts or inns. Their guests love these sheets, comment how wonderful they are to sleep on and want to purchase them. On a shelf, a set of sheets can be displayed with a list of sizes and prices. You can take orders to be shipped direct to your customer by InnStyle. It really is that easy! Continue reading
The Professional Association of Innkeepers International (PAII), the group dedicated to the education, information, networking, advocacy, business opportunities and research relating to the innkeeping industry, will be hosting “Innkeeping Leadership Week” on
April 15 – 18, 2013, in Charleston, South Carolina.
PAII provides continuing education programs in many formats, the largest being the annual Innkeeping Conference & Tradeshow, where experienced innkeepers are challenged and new innkeepers brought up to speed at events featuring dozens of workshops, nationally known experts, and the industry’s largest trade show.
But learning extends far beyond the annual conference and include such opportunities as interactive Webinars; weekly and monthly e-newsletters; Innkeeping Quarterly (IQ) (the industry’s only magazine exclusively serving the needs of the professional innkeeping community); and a variety of areas on the Website (http://www.innkeeping.org/) most notably the Online Forums, which bring an invaluable interactive exchange that benefits both posters and readers alike.
2013 Innkeeping Leadership Week is another of the many and varied learning opportunities for innkeepers. The agenda of this event includes:
- Monday, April 15th: 9:00am – 5:00pm – Key Leaders Retreat and Innkeeping Leadership Banquet – “Getting B&B Associations on the Right Track” – Workshop Facilitated by Bob Harris, 6:00pm – 7:00pm – Cocktail Hour, 7:00pm – 8:30pm -
Innkeeping Leadership Banquet.
- Tuesday April 16th: 9:00am – 5:00pm – Advisory Council Meeting (includes PAII board members), 6:30pm – Advisory Council and PAII Board Dinner
- Wednesday April 17th: 9:00am – 12:00 pm – Advisory Council Meeting, 12:00pm – 5:00pm – PAII Board of Directors Meeting, 7:00pm+ – PAII Board Dinner
- Thursday April 18th: 9:00am – 12:00pm -
PAII Board of Directors Meeting
For information or to register visit http://www.innkeeping.org/event/leaders or contact Michele McVay at Michele@paii.org.
As part of the Advisory Council, InnStyle will be attending this event. InnStyle has been the source for innkeeper supplies and linens at wholesale pricing since 1952. Offering a wide variety of inn supplies including sheets, towels, blankets and much more.
Contact InnStyle for your fine linens and Personal Service at Wholesale Pricing. Or call 1-800-877-INNS (4667).
Waffle weave fabric is a woven fabric with a recessed square pattern resembling the look of the popular breakfast treat or honey bee comb. During the weaving process, the ridges outlining the squares or diamonds are raised on all sides by floating both the warp and the weft, and gradually decreasing the floats moving from the ridges toward the centers. The result is a versatile fabric, ranging in gauge from fine to coarse, that is very absorbent.
The adaptable nature of waffle weave fabric makes it a popular choice for many bath and kitchen accessories, including:
- Bath Towels: The waffle weave fabric is highly absorbent. It also allows air to flow through it so that it dries quickly, thus making it a perfect choice for towels. Waffle fabrics are made in a range of weights. Coarse or large gauge waffle weave material makes particularly luxurious, plush towels.
- Washcloths: The waffle weave design is engineered in such a way as to absorb soapy water and hold it inside of the specialty woven pockets.
- Dishcloths: The tiny squares are designed to remove large amounts of water away from the surface and reduce streaking.
- Bathrobes: The weave that makes fast-drying dishcloths and dishtowels also works well for a lightweight summer bathrobe. Medium gauge waffle weave has thermal properties and provides warmth that is a perfect choice for cozy cool weather robes.
- Blankets: Waffle weave has thermal properties that provide warmth and insulation by trapping body heat and forming a warm layer next to the skin, thereby increasing heat retention. In addition, waffle weave fabric is highly absorbent and available in a variety of weights. These features make this fabric perfect for blankets.
InnStyle carries a wide selection of towels, blankets and robes in comfortable, cozy and absorbent waffle weave. Browse the website and take a taste of your favorite waffle today.