Choosing the proper size tablecloth for your table is easy, but there are a few things to keep in mind:
For a square or oblong table:
- Measure the length and width of the table.
- Decide on the drop you prefer. A typical drop ranges between 10″ to 12″. If you want your tablecloth to go to the floor, then the drop would usually be 30” (a typical table height), but always measure.
- Add the amount of the drop multiplied by two to both the length and the width of the table. (i.e., If the table measures 42″W x 84″L and you want a 12″ drop, then the oblong tablecloth should measure 66″ [42″W+24″ total drop] x 108″ [84″L + 24″ total drop.])
For a Round Table:
- Measure the diameter of your table.
- Decide on the length of the drop.
- Add the amount of the drop multiplied by two to the diameter of the table. (i.e., If the table measures 60″ in diameter and you want it to go to the floor with a 30″ drop, then the round tablecloth should measure 120″ [60″ diameter + 60″ total drop].)
With the new year just around the corner, are you ready to start it off on a high note?
All of us here at InnStyle are busy preparing to attend the PAII Innkeeping Conference & Trade Show, which will be held at the Hilton Riverside Hotel in New Orleans, La., from January 5 – 8, 2015.
So, Why Should You Attend this Conference?
Not only does the conference showcase current industry trends and best practices — it also gives you the opportunity to build new relationships with vendors and other innkeepers alike. Come join us in the Big Easy for special events, mixers, and a wide breadth of educational sessions from aspiring to master innkeepers.
Waffle weave fabric is a woven fabric with a recessed square pattern resembling the look of the popular breakfast treat or honey bee comb. During the weaving process, the ridges outlining the squares or diamonds are raised on all sides by floating both the warp and the weft, and gradually decreasing the floats moving from the ridges toward the centers. The result is a versatile fabric, ranging in gauge from fine to coarse, that is very absorbent.
The adaptable nature of waffle weave fabric makes it a popular choice for many bath and kitchen accessories, including:
- Bath Towels: The waffle weave fabric is highly absorbent. It also allows air to flow through it so that it dries quickly, thus making it a perfect choice for towels. Waffle fabrics are made in a range of weights. Coarse or large gauge waffle weave material makes particularly luxurious, plush towels.
- Washcloths: The waffle weave design is engineered in such a way as to absorb soapy water and hold it inside of the specialty woven pockets.
- Dishcloths: The tiny squares are designed to remove large amounts of water away from the surface and reduce streaking.
- Bathrobes: The weave that makes fast-drying dishcloths and dishtowels also works well for a lightweight summer bathrobe. Medium gauge waffle weave has thermal properties and provides warmth that is a perfect choice for cozy cool weather robes.
- Blankets: Waffle weave has thermal properties that provide warmth and insulation by trapping body heat and forming a warm layer next to the skin, thereby increasing heat retention. In addition, waffle weave fabric is highly absorbent and available in a variety of weights. These features make this fabric perfect for blankets.
InnStyle carries a wide selection of towels, blankets and robes in comfortable, cozy and absorbent waffle weave. Browse the website and take a taste of your favorite waffle today.